1. When the weather shifts from warmer to colder months, rodents look to find their way indoors to keep warm. Being that rodents have only cartilage and no bone structure, they can squeeze their way just about anywhere. It is important to seal any damage to your property including cracks in the foundation of your property, siding or roofing. Our professionals who provide animal control in NJ will inspect your property and pinpoint the specific entry points that your home or business needs work on.
2. After having professionals repair the damage to your foundation, our animal control experts in NJ suggest checking your home's doors or garage doors for any gaps. You can replace your doors with new ones or you can invest in door draft stoppers which will prevent the rodents from gaining entry while keeping your home at a comfortable temperature.
3. Our animal control professionals in NJ also suggest shutting your garbage cans. As mentioned before, rodents try to find shelter more during fall and winter months and will settle for just about anywhere, including your garbage cans.
4. Rodents are attracted to firewood, so if you own a fireplace, our animal control experts in NJ recommend to store the wood as far away from your home as possible. Firewood should also be stored off the ground and out of rodents’ reach.
5. Inspect the insulation of your home for any bite marks. If you find marks, Alco Animal & Pest Control provides effective and affordable animal control in NJ.
For more information on animal control in NJ, call Alco Animal & Pest Control at 973-540-9944 or 201-261-7566.