Raccoons are mischievous little critters as many home owners in NJ know. When you notice a raccoon in your home or office, you need raccoon removal in NJ.
Here are some facts you may not know about raccoons:
• Raccoon pelts are not so fashionable today, but during the 1920's they could fetch you up to $14.
• Raccoons will never make their den too far from water. People will often notice them playing around water and even washing their food. This is no surprise when you consider that the species name “lotor” translates to “the washer”.
• Raccoons can vary greatly in size depending on where they are living. Raccoons living in America average about 14-23 lbs. In Canada, raccoons can weigh as much as 60 lbs! This is due to their high retention of body fat in cold conditions.
• Raccoons are noisy, but it is not all in vain. Scientists have discovered that raccoons communicate with over 50 different sounds.
• As far as the IQ scale goes, raccoons rank above cats and just below monkeys.
• Raccoons may appear to be slow scavengers, but can actually obtain speeds of 15 mph.
• A study done showed that raccoon's memory may be better than yours. They can remember solutions to tasks for up to three years.
While all of these things make the little guys just a bit cuter, they can still be a threat to you and your family if they are on your property. With expanding urban sprawl, raccoons have become accustomed to the new landscape and are able to find their way into properties of all kinds. Our professional at ALCO Animal & Pest Control can perform efficient raccoon removal in NJ, while preventing them from returning in the nearby future.
For more information on raccoon removal in NJ, call ALCO Animal & Pest Control today at 973-540-9944!