There are many steps that should be taken if you discover fleas on your pet or in your home. Alco NJ Animal & Pest Control can provide services for flea control in New Jersey to help you take control of the situation and remove your pests once and for all.
Alco NJ Animal & Pest Control has been in the pest removal business for years, working to safely and humanely remove pests and animals from any location. We offer same-day and 24-hour emergency services so that our pest control experts can provide you solutions to your pest problems at all times.
When it comes to our services for NJ flea control, we have a few tips and steps that we follow when it comes to eliminating this pest from your area.
To begin with, there are more than 1,000 types of fleas that exist in our world, but as pest control experts, we can remove any and all types for you. We will treat your house, lawn and even your pet for fleas if you find you have an infestation.
It is important to observe where your pet has been most recently, to determine the locations where you could have flea infestations. If you have more than one pet, it is also important to keep the uninfected pet(s) away from the infected one.
The other tips we can provide to prepare you for our arrival for flea control in NJ include the following:
- Clean and vacuum all wood and tile flooring. Do not forget to get into all of the grooves, cracks and baseboards, as fleas can always find their way into small spaces.
- Wash or throw out any pet bedding you may have for your pets.
- Sweep outdoors: porches, steps and decks are common places for fleas to inhabit.
- Cut your lawn and remove any debris or clutter before our pest control experts arrive on-site.
- Wrap up all food that is unwrapped and place it in the refrigerator or in cabinets.
- Food preparation surfaces and utensils should be covered.
- Remove decorative items, pillows and toys from the floor, and do not forget to check under the bed and other furniture. Our experts need to have clean and open spaces to make sure the treatment reaches all portions of your home that have been infested.
- Remove any other pets you may have in your home until our services for NJ flea control are complete.
After these steps are completed, our pest control experts can provide you with thorough and efficient pest removal services. Once the services are complete, we recommend that everyone – occupants and pets – stay away from the treated areas until they are dry. You should also continue vacuuming any carpeting or rugs for the next 10 days, ensuring to remove the disposable vacuum bag as instructed above. Additionally, make sure any food preparation surfaces and utensils are thoroughly cleaned if the insecticide used came into contact with these places and items.
Be sure to also check your pet after the flea removal services are done. If your pet has fleas, you do not want him or her to enter your flea-free home until the fleas are removed.
For more information and tips about how to prepare for flea control in NJ, contact Alco NJ Animal & Pest Control today at 973-540-9944 or 201-261-7566!