Here are some precautions that you can take to keep rats out of your home:
- Keep any firewood away from the house and stack it at least a foot and a half off of the ground.
- Keep any food in birdhouses elevated where rats cannot reach them.
- Make sure that any garbage cans are tightly shut.
- Do not leave out any food in your yard, including pet food.
- Make sure to screen off any small openings around your house. Rats can squeeze through very small holes.
If you see droppings inside your home, rats are most likely already in your home, and a professional should be contacted. If you would like any more information on NJ rat removal, contact Alco Pest Control.
Alco Pest Control